Air Fryer Cajun Potatoes
These easy Air Fryer Cajun Potatoes are a quick and easy side dish with a kick! I love roasted potatoes in general, but these air fried ones come together super quickly leaving your oven free for other dishes. The potatoes have a perfectly pillowy-soft center and the seasoning adds spice to jazz up any meal. Not only do they make a great side dish paired with a veggie and a meaty main dish, but they’d be great served like home fries at breakfast or as part of a brunch spread. A satisfying 4.4 ounce serving of these Air Fryer Cajun Potatoes is just 155 calories or 4 Green, 4 Blue or 1 Purple WW (Weight Watchers) SmartPoints! To view your WW PersonalPoints for this recipe and track it in the WW app or site, click here!
Don’t be intimidated by making your own Cajun seasoning, it will only take you a couple minutes to measure out a few spices. Chances are you have most of them (if not all) in your cupboard already! I wouldn’t say these potatoes are super spicy, but they have a good kick and a bit of heat in the aftertaste. If you’re not a Cajun fan, you can also easily replace the seasoning with salt and pepper to taste, a garlic and herb blend, or any other seasonings you prefer.
I weighed the whole batch of Air Fryer Cajun Potatoes after cooking to determine the serving size, and they weighed 17.6 ounces total. I wrote the recipe as 4 servings of 4.4 ounces each, but I figured this information might be helpful in case you want to split the servings differently!
If you don’t have an air fryer and would like to make this recipe in your oven, I suggest putting the potatoes in at 425 degrees for about 30-35 minutes, like you do with my Roasted Fingerling Potatoes.
Looking for more tasty comfort food side dishes to warm up to this winter? Check out my Stovetop Green Beans with Almonds, Sweet and Spicy Roasted Cauliflower, Creamy Corn with Bacon and Jalapenos, Vegetable Fried Rice, Garlic Herb Mushrooms, Classic Mashed Potatoes, Easy Salsa Rice, Roasted Fingerling Potatoes, Broccoli Salad, Easy Garlic Knots, and so many more in the Side Dishes category of my recipe index!
Air Fryer Cajun Potatoes
- ¾ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon ground thyme
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 ½ lbs uncooked baby potatoes, cut in half (I used baby gold potatoes this time, but baby red potatoes are also great)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Optional: dried parsley flakes or chopped fresh parsley
- Combine the paprika, garlic powder, chili powder, oregano, thyme, onion powder, salt, black pepper and cayenne in a small dish and stir to combine into a Cajun spice mix.
- Place the halved potatoes into a mixing bowl and drizzle the olive oil over the top. Stir the potatoes with the oil to coat. Add the Cajun spice mix from step one and stir until evenly coated.
- Transfer the seasoned potatoes to the basket of your air fryer and cook at 400 degrees for 10 minutes. Shake the basket or stir the potatoes and return the basket to the air fryer to cook for another 10 minutes. Remove from the air fryer and sprinkle with parsley (if desired) before serving.(If you don’t have an air fryer and would like to make this recipe in your oven, I’d suggest spreading the potatoes on a baking sheet and baking at 425 degrees for about 30-35 minutes.)
4 per (4.4 ounce) serving (PP calculated using a Weight Watchers PointsPlus calculator and the nutrition info below)