Stovetop Green Beans with Almonds
This Stovetop Green Beans with Almonds is one of the go-to side dishes I make for my family regularly. It’s super easy, it pairs perfectly with lots of main courses, and everyone in my household loves it. It’s a win-win-win! Green Beans are one of my favorite vegetables, and when enhanced with garlic and perfectly golden-toasted almonds, I could eat these with every meal. You’ve probably seen these green beans in many of my past food photos, like here, here and here, for example. I get questioned about these a lot when they’re pictured, so I thought it was time to finally put them on the blog! I actually have an oven-roasted version of this recipe on my site already, but I find I make this stovetop one far more frequently. It’s nice to know that 10 minutes (or so) before the main course is ready I can whip these up as a side.
Not only are these Stovetop Green Beans with Almonds quick, easy and delicious, but a 2.5 ounce serving of them is just 66 calories or 1 WW (Weight Watchers) SmartPoint on all three color plans! To view your WW PersonalPoints for this recipe and track it in the WW app or site, click here! I think it’s pretty obvious why they’re my go-to side dish. With Thanksgiving coming up this month, I also want to mention that these green beans go wonderfully with turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, and gravy. I’ll most likely be serving them on my Thanksgiving table!
Looking for more tasty, lighter side dish recipes like this Stovetop Green Beans with Almonds? Check out my Mashed Butternut Squash, Creamy Corn with Bacon and Jalapenos, Summer Vegetable Saute, Broccoli Salad, Easy Garlic Knots, Avocado BLT Pasta Salad, Roasted Fingerling Potatoes, Zucchini Casserole, Vegetable Fried Rice, Spinach Balls, Garlic Herb Mushrooms, Classic Mashed Potatoes, Salt and Vinegar Roasted Cauliflower, Easy Salsa Rice, Buffalo Cauliflower Wings, Strawberry Quinoa Salad, Cheesy Broccoli Bake, Garlic Roasted Green Beans with Almonds, Loaded Cauliflower Bake, Cheesy Potluck Potatoes, Zucchini Squares, and more in the Side Dishes category of my recipe index.
Stovetop Green Beans with Almonds
- 1 tablespoon light butter spread, I use Land O’Lakes light butter spread with canola oil
- 12 oz fresh washed and trimmed green beans
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- Add the butter to a large saute pan and melt over medium-low heat. When melted, add the green beans and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Stir to coat in the butter. Cover the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes, uncovering briefly to stir once in the middle. Beans should be bright green and a bit more tender.
- Uncover and add the minced garlic and sliced almonds. Stir together and cook for another 2-4 minutes until the almonds are golden and the green beans are bright green and tender while still being a bit firm.
66 calories, 7 g carbs, 3 g sugars, 4 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 3 g protein, 3 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com) MYWW SMARTPOINTS PER (2.5 ounce) SERVING: (SP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com) Green: 1 SmartPoints/ Blue: 1 SmartPoints/ Purple: 1 SmartPoints Weight Watchers Points Plus:
2 per (2.5 ounce) serving (PP calculated using a Weight Watchers PointsPlus calculator and the nutrition info below)