Turkey Breakfast Sausage
This simple, homemade Turkey Breakfast Sausage is a tasty, healthy, and versatile breakfast treat! You can make this into patties, as pictured, to serve alone or on a breakfast sandwich. You can also cook it into crumbles to use in other ways, like in breakfast burritos, omelets, an egg bake, etc. Either way, this is a super easy way to make a leaner sausage product, and you’ll know exactly what is in it! Making your own sausage may sound intimidating, but really, you’ll just stir together some spices into a sausage seasoning mix and then mixing it into ground turkey breast. That’s it! This recipe makes eight sausage patties, and each one is just 61 calories, 0 grams of carbs, 1 gram of fat, and either 0 or 1 WW PersonalPoints, depending on whether you have ground turkey breast as a ZeroPoint food. To view your WW PersonalPoints for this recipe and track it in the WW app or site, click here!
I recommend in the recipe instructions to let the meat and spices rest together before using. If you don’t have time for this step it will still taste great, but if you are able to, I think it helps the meat soak up the flavor. If you have the foresight you can even mix the meat and seasonings up the night before and stick it in the refrigerator overnight so it’s ready to cook for breakfast the next morning.
If you’re looking for ways to use this tasty Turkey Breakfast Sausage, try my Turkey Sausage Breakfast Burritos, Ultimate Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole, Breakfast Wonton Cups, Turkey Sausage Mini Frittatas, Sausage and Pepper Egg Bake, Bacon Sausage Egg and Cheese Braid, Sausage Apple Cheddar Frittata and more in the breakfast section of my recipe index!
Turkey Breakfast Sausage
- ¾ teaspoon ground sage
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground thyme
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried marjoram, (or dried oregano)
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, (optional – if you’re sensitive to spice you can use 1/8 teaspoon or completely omit)
- 1 lb uncooked 99% lean ground turkey breast
- Stir together all of the spices in a small dish until thoroughly mixed. Place the ground turkey in a mixing bowl and add the spice mixture. Using clean hands or a fork, mix the spices into the ground turkey until well combined. If possible, cover and refrigerate for at least an hour, or overnight so flavors can meld.
- If making patties: Split the turkey mixture into eight balls, 2 ounces each. Press the balls into patties, about ½ inch thick. Mist a large griddle pan or skillet with cooking spray and bring over medium heat. When hot, place the patties on the pan in a single layer, not touching each other. Cook for 4-5 minutes and then flip. Cook on the other side for anther 4-5 minutes until cooked through.If making crumbles: Mist a large skillet or sauté pan with cooking spray and bring over medium heat. Add the turkey mixture and cook, breaking it up into small chunks for 4-5 minutes until cooked through.
1 per patty (P+ calculated using a Weight Watchers brand PointsPlus calculator and the nutrition information below)