Turkey and Pear Autumn Salad
I love a big seasonal salad, and this Turkey and Pear Autumn Salad is perfect for fall! Packed with flavor, this salad has sweet pears, juicy pomegranate seeds, toasted walnuts, creamy goat cheese, hearty turkey and a tangy pear vinaigrette – what more could you want? The dressing comes together simply in just a few minutes, and this filling salad is perfect to pack for lunch, pair with soup (I highly recommend my Butternut Squash Soup to maximize the fall flavor experience, but Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup is also a winner) or eat for a light dinner. Not only is this Turkey and Pear Autumn Salad filling and flavorful, a large serving is only 286 calories or 5 WW Freestyle SmartPoints!
Looking for more tasty, lightened up salad recipes? Check out my Butternut Squash Quinoa Salad, Southwest Steak Salad with Avocado Lime Dressing, Greek Chicken Quinoa Salad, Avocado BLT Pasta Salad, Strawberry Steak Salad, Asian Sesame Chicken Salad, Roasted Beet Salad, Pepperoni Pizza Salad, Strawberry Quinoa Salad, Taco Chicken Salad, Broccoli Salad, Antipasto Salad, Harvest Apple Salad, Greek Orzo Pasta Salad, Hummus Chicken Salad, Doritos Taco Salad and more in the Salads section of my recipe index!
Turkey and Pear Autumn Salad
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 large ripe pears, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ cup walnuts
- 12 cups lettuce (I recommend baby lettuces, spring mix, arugula, spinach)
- 12 oz sliced deli turkey, chopped (if following the WW Freestyle program, choose one that’s 0 points!)
- ½ cup pomegranate arils/seeds
- ½ cup crumbled goat cheese (you can substitute blue cheese or feta if you prefer)
- Peel one of the pears and cut into pieces, removing the core. To make the dressing, place the peeled pear pieces in a blender and add the olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, honey, salt and ground ginger. Blend for a few minutes until well combined and smooth.
- Optional step: to toast the walnuts, spread them in a single layer across a dry skillet and bring over low heat. Cook them for a few minutes, stirring occasionally, until toasted.
- Slice the remaining pear into slices (no need to peel).
- To build each salad, start with a base of 3 cups of lettuce. Add 1 tablespoon walnuts, 2 tablespoons pomegranate arils, 2 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese, ¼ of the pear slices and about 2 ½ tablespoons of dressing.
WW Freestyle SmartPoints:
5 per serving (SP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
Weight Watchers Points Plus:
8 per serving (PP calculated using a Weight Watchers brand PointsPlus calculator and the nutrition information below)
Nutrition Information per serving:
286 calories, 33 g carbs, 20 g sugars, 12 g fat, 3 g saturated fat, 19 g protein, 6 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)
adapted from Taste of Home