Barbecue Ranch Chicken Salad
If you’re looking for a fresh, filling, flavorful salad, this Barbecue Ranch Chicken Salad is for you! I’ve had similar salads in a few different restaurants, so I thought it was time I made one at home! With barbecue chicken, corn, black beans, cheddar cheese, juicy tomatoes, crunchy tortilla strips and a creamy barbecue ranch dressing, this satisfying salad will fill you up and make your taste buds cheer. It’s super easy to throw this salad together using leftover cooked chicken, or you can simply throw some on the grill or in the oven. You probably already have many of the ingredients for this salad in your kitchen right now! Not only is this salad easy, tasty and filling, a serving is just 350 calories or 8 Green, 4 Blue or 4 Purple myWW SmartPoints!
Looking for more tasty, lightened up salad recipes? Check out my Thai Chicken Chopped Salad, Butternut Squash Quinoa Salad, Southwest Steak Salad with Avocado Lime Dressing, Greek Chicken Quinoa Salad, Avocado BLT Pasta Salad, Strawberry Steak Salad, Asian Sesame Chicken Salad, Roasted Beet Salad, Pepperoni Pizza Salad, Strawberry Quinoa Salad, Taco Chicken Salad, Broccoli Salad, Antipasto Salad, Harvest Apple Salad, Greek Orzo Pasta Salad, Hummus Chicken Salad, Doritos Taco Salad and more in the Salads section of my recipe index!
Barbecue Ranch Chicken Salad
Yield: 4 servings
- 12 oz cooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts, chopped
- 5 tablespoons barbecue sauce, divided (I use Stubb’s Original, I recommend using that or another lower sugar sauce)
- ½ cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons water
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- ¼ teaspoon dried dill
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 12 cups lettuce (I used green leaf, but romaine or spinach would also be great)
- ¾ cup frozen corn kernels, defrosted to room temperature
- ¾ cup drained and rinsed canned black beans
- ¾ cup chopped tomatoes
- ½ cup shredded 2% sharp cheddar cheese
- 12 tablespoons tortilla strips (I used Fresh Gourmet, found near the salad toppings at most grocery stores)
- 1 medium scallion, sliced
- Place the chicken in a bowl and toss with 3 tablespoons of the barbecue sauce to coat.
- In a separate bowl, combine the remaining 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce with the Greek yogurt, water, parsley, dill, onion powder, garlic powder, and salt and stir until well mixed to form the dressing.
- To build each salad, start with a base of 3 cups of lettuce. Add 3 ounces of the chicken, 3 tablespoons of corn, 3 tablespoons of black beans, 3 tablespoons of tomatoes, 3 tablespoons of tortilla strips, 2 tablespoons of shredded cheese, ¼ of the sliced scallions and about 2 ½ tablespoons of dressing.
MyWW SmartPoints per serving:(SP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
Green: 8 SmartPoints/ Blue: 4 SmartPoints/ Purple: 4 SmartPoints
Weight Watchers Points Plus:
9 per serving (PP calculated using a Weight Watchers brand PointsPlus calculator and the nutrition information below)
Nutrition Information per serving:
350 calories, 31 g carbs, 9 g sugars, 9 g fat, 3 g saturated fat, 36 g protein, 4 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)
an Emily Bites Original