Lemon Garlic Chicken and Beans Skillet
This Lemon Garlic Chicken and Beans Skillet is an easy, low carb one-pot meal that’s full of flavor! The chicken and green beans are cooked in butter and seasoned with garlic, lemon, parsley, and paprika, creating a taste that will make your mouth happy. I absolutely love one-pot meals, because I hate washing a big stack of dishes when I’m done cooking. This simple skillet meal cooks up in one pan and I promise you’ll love how easily it all comes together. My 1 ½ year old daughter has long rejected vegetables (much to my chagrin). Recently, she decided she likes green beans (YAY), so I think we’ll be making this meal a lot. Not only is this Lemon Garlic Chicken and Beans Skillet easy and delicious, a serving is just 293 calories, 10 grams of carbs, or 6 Green, 4 Blue or 4 Purple myWW SmartPoints! To view your WW PersonalPoints for this recipe and track it in the WW app or site, click here!
Looking for more tasty, lightened up one-pot meals? Check out my One-Pot Barbecue Chicken Mac and Cheese, One-Pot Creamy Garlic Chicken Pasta, One Pot Spicy Dirty Rice with Chicken and Sausage, One Pot Mediterranean Chicken with Orzo, Beef Enchilada Pasta Skillet, Spanish Chicken and Rice Skillet, Turkey Sloppy Joe Pasta, Chicken Pot Pasta, Mexican Chicken Cauliflower Rice Skillet, Lemon Chicken Orzo with Tomatoes and Asparagus, Rustic Sausage and Potato Skillet, Beef Stroganoff, Beefy American Goulash, One-Pot Cincinnati Chili Spaghetti Bake, Pumpkin Alfredo Tortellini Skillet, Barley Beef Skillet and more in the One Pot Meals section of my recipe index!
Lemon Garlic Chicken and Beans Skillet
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 (5 oz each) chicken breasts (20 oz total), cut or pounded to ½” thick
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 pound trimmed uncooked green beans
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoons dried parsley flakes, or 2 tablespoons fresh
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ cup reduced sodium fat free chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a small dish, combine the paprika, onion powder, salt, and pepper and stir together. Lay the chicken breasts on a cutting board and sprinkle about half of the seasoning mix over the breasts and rub it in a bit. Flip the breasts over and repeat with the other half of the seasoning mix on the other side.
- In a large skillet, melt two tablespoon of the butter over medium-high heat. Add the seasoned chicken breasts in a single layer and cook for about 4 minutes. Flip the breasts over and cook for another 3-4 minutes on the other side until the chicken is cooked through. Transfer to a side plate and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of butter to the skillet and reduce the heat to medium-low. When the butter is melted, add the beans and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Stir to coat with the butter. Cover the pan and cook 5-6 minutes covered, stirring halfway through. Remove the lid and add the garlic, parsley, and crushed red pepper flakes. Stir and cook for another minute until garlic is fragrant. Add the broth and lemon juice and cook for another 2-3 minutes to reduce the sauce.
- Add the chicken back into the skillet and spoon the sauce over the top. Cook for another 1-2 minutes to warm the chicken. Spoon the sauce over the chicken when serving.
7 per (1 chicken breast + ¼ of the beans) serving (PP calculated using a Weight Watchers brand PointsPlus calculator and the nutrition information below) Adapted from eatwell101
This Lemon Garlic Chicken and Beans Skillet recipe sounds so good! Thanks for sharing, I’ll be making it real soon! Do you think I could use frozen green beans?
What great timing! I saw this in my email this morning and I just happened to have fresh green beans from the local farmer, and chicken breast that I just thawed. This was amazing! I really need to pound chicken more often as it just cooks up so much better! I used my cast iron skillet for this one pot meal and it worked perfect. Only change…I used smoked paprika (I always sub the smoked in for regular for most recipes). Next time I may add some capers. But really, this is perfect just as is. Thank you for sharing!!
lemon garlic and chicken hmm. yummy.
My husband requested garlic chicken with some citrus flavoring. When I google searched “WW garlic chicken”, this recipe popped up. Made this last night and it was very good and flavorful! I used chicken tenderloins instead of breast but followed everything else exactly as stated. And the husband also approved. 🙂
I’ve been following your recipes for years but I dont do WW. This was delicious, easy, and low in calories! Thank you.
Would LOVE to try this! Could you tell me sodium content pkease?