Creamy Veggie Dip
I’m always looking for ways to eat more vegetables and serving them with this Creamy Veggie Dip definitely does the trick! Whipping up this recipe couldn’t be easier. You’ll just stir together a few ingredients and then let it chill for a couple hours to infuse the dip with flavor. Then grab some veggies and get dipping!
Not only is this dip great to have on hand for daily snacking, it’s also awesome to serve at a party or bring to a get together with friends. It’s always nice to bring foods that you can make ahead and don’t require any cooking or heating to serve. I think it even tastes better the next day! It’s also sure to be a crowd pleaser. The consistency is thick and creamy and the mix of herbs and flavors tastes great with pretty much any assortment of raw vegetables. I would never guess a dip this rich was lightened up, but each satisfying ¼ cup serving is just 63 calories or 2 WW Points! If you’d like a more traditional dip serving of two tablespoons, you can cut those numbers in half. I just always want more dip! To view your current WW Points for this recipe and track it in the WW app or site, click here.
What should I serve with this dip?
Almost any of your favorite raw veggies will work great with this Creamy Veggie Dip! My family especially likes it with:
- Broccoli florets
- Bell Peppers (I actually don’t like bell peppers, but my family assures me they are great with this dip)
- Snow Peas
Recipe Tips and FAQs
- Mayo/Greek Yogurt/Sour Cream ratio: I tried a few different versions of this dip before settling on the perfect ratio. I was trying to balance making it lighter and getting the flavor and consistency I wanted. I found that the mayo adds a lot of flavor, so I wouldn’t skip it! I used significantly less of it than the original recipe but it’s enough to get that decadent taste I was seeking.
- Can this be made vegetarian? Did you know that Worcestershire sauce is not vegetarian? There’s only ¼ teaspoon of it in this recipe, so you could skip it if you like, but I’d suggest using soy sauce instead.
- Can I double this recipe? My recipe is actually halved from the original recipe I lightened it up from. If you’re bringing it to a party you may want to make extra!
- Can this dip be made ahead? Yes! I think it tastes even better as the flavors have time to meld.
Looking for more tasty, lightened up dip recipes like this Creamy Veggie Dip? Check out my Loaded Guacamole, Pepperoni Pizza Dip, Easy Cheesy Bean Dip, Basil Hummus, 7 Layer Dip, Cheesecake Fruit Dip, Buffalo Chicken Dip, Ranch Hummus, Greek Layer Dip, Chili Cheese Dip, Cannoli Dip, Spinach and Artichoke Dip, and more in the Dips category of my recipe index!
Creamy Veggie Dip
- 1 cup fat free sour cream
- ½ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt, (I use Fage 0%)
- ½ cup light mayonnaise, (I use Hellmann's)
- 1 ½ teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried minced onion
- ¼ teaspoon dried dill weed
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3-4 drops Frank's Red Hot cayenne sauce
- Stir together all ingredients in a mixing bowl until well combined. Cover and refrigerate for at least two hours.
2 per (1/4 cup) serving (PP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com) Adapted from Inspired by Charm