One-Pot Creamy Chicken Piccata Pasta
This One-Pot Creamy Chicken Piccata Pasta combines bright, fresh flavors with pasta in a rich, creamy sauce for a perfect spring comfort food dish. I simply can’t get enough of this pasta! Chicken Piccata is one of my favorite dishes to order at an Italian restaurant, so the idea of putting all those flavors and ingredients right into a pasta dish is right up my alley. The fact that it all cooks right in one pot is just the cherry on top! Less dishes makes for a happy cook, right? With bright lemon, briney capers (though I recommend rinsing them before using to cut the brininess a bit), hearty seasoned chicken, a creamy sauce and fresh broccoli, this pasta is bursting with flavor. If you’re still somehow on the fence about making this dish, a 1 ½ cups serving is just 377 calories or 8 Green, 7 Blue or 3 Purple WW Weight Watchers SmartPoints. You’ll never believe this creamy, satisfying pasta is lightened up!
Looking for more tasty one-pot comfort food recipes like this One-Pot Creamy Chicken Piccata Pasta? Check out my One-Pot Creamy Tomato Pasta with Chicken and Spinach, One-Pot Turkey and Veggie Spaghetti, One-Pot Cheesy Chili Mac, One-Pot Cajun Chicken and Sausage Pasta, One-Pot Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese, Lemon Garlic Chicken and Beans Skillet, One-Pot Creamy Garlic Chicken Pasta, One-Pot Spicy Dirty Rice with Chicken and Sausage, Spanish Chicken and Rice Skillet, Lemon Chicken Orzo with Tomatoes and Asparagus, Turkey Sloppy Joe Pasta, Chicken Pot Pasta, Beef Enchilada Pasta Skillet, Mexican Chicken Cauliflower Rice Skillet, and so many more in the One-Pot Meals category of my recipe index!
One-Pot Creamy Chicken Piccata Pasta
Yield: 6 (1 & 1/2 cups) servings
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour, divided
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb raw boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1 tablespoon + 1 ½ teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup skim milk
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoon lemon juice (about the amount from 1 lemon)
- 10 oz dry wheat spaghetti, broken in half to fit in the pot
- 2 tablespoons drained, rinsed capers
- 1 teaspoon (or more) lemon zest (I used the amount I got from one lemon)
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 ½ cups fresh broccoli florets (you can substitute defrosted frozen florets)
- Combine 1 tablespoon of the flour with the salt and pepper in a small dish and stir together. Place the chopped chicken pieces into a Ziploc bag and add the flour mixture. Seal the bag and shake/massage to coat the chicken.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon of the oil in a 5 QT Dutch oven or large pot and bring to medium-high heat. Add the chicken to the hot oil and cook, stirring occasionally, until cooked through and browned. Remove the chicken to a side plate and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- Lower the heat to medium. Drizzle the remaining 1 ½ teaspoons of oil into the pot and add the tablespoon of butter. When the butter is melted, add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of flour and whish with the butter and oil to form a paste. Add the milk, broth, and lemon juice and stir, scraping up any browned bits on the bottom of the pot.
- Add the spaghetti to the pot and stir, covering it with the liquid. Increase the heat to medium-high and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to low to simmer. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring every couple minutes to prevent sticking, until the pasta is cooked through and has absorbed much of the liquid.
- Stir in the rinsed capers, lemon zest, parsley, and the cooked chicken. Add the broccoli florets in a single layer on top of the pasta and cover with the pot lid. Keep the lid on for 2 minutes to allow the broccoli florets to steam. Remove the lid. The broccoli should be bright green and softened while remaining firm. Stir together and remove from heat.
MYWW SMARTPOINTS PER (1 & ½ cup) SERVING: (SP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
Green: 8 SmartPoints/ Blue: 7 SmartPoints/ Purple: 3 SmartPoints
Weight Watchers Points Plus:
9 per (1 & ½ cup) serving (PP calculated using a Weight Watchers PointsPlus calculator and the nutrition info below)
Nutrition Information per (1 & ½ cup) serving:
377 calories, 44 g carbs, 3 g sugars, 9 g fat, 2 g saturated fat, 28 g protein, 5 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)
an Emily Bites Original