Goat Cheese Mushroom Tartlets
These easy Goat Cheese Mushroom Tartlets are a quick and simple vegetarian appetizer that’s perfect for parties, a snack or even for lunch or brunch. The phyllo cups provide a crispy, flaky shell that’s piled high with savory garlic sauteed mushrooms and creamy, tangy goat cheese crumbles. These tartlets are great to put out at any gathering, from book club to watching the game on TV. I also love serving them with brunch items or just eating them for lunch or a snack. Not only are they tasty and easy to make, the entire recipe is just 12 WW Points on the current Weight Watchers program (2023), and three tartlets are just 72 calories or 2 WW Points. To view your current WW Points per tartlet and track it in the WW app or site, click here!
I love goat cheese, but if you’re not a fan of it you can definitely make these with a different cheese. I think crumbled Feta cheese, shredded Parmesan, or Mozzarella would all work well here. Feel free to try others as well and if you love something leave a comment to let others know what worked for you!
As I mentioned, these Goat Cheese Mushroom Tartlets make great finger food for a party, but if you are making them to serve yourself you may not want to make all 15 at once. No worries! If you don’t plan on eating them all at once, I’d recommend making the mushroom filling and then just build and bake as many tartlets as you plan on eating and keep the remaining filling, cheese, and phyllo shells separate until needed. The shells will be crispier this way than if you make them all and refrigerate the leftovers.
More Tasty Lightened Up Appetizers
Looking for more tasty, lightened up appetizer and snack recipes? Check out my Spinach Balls, Cheesy Pineapple Prosciutto Bites, Buffalo Deviled Eggs, 7 Layer Dip, Cheesecake Fruit Dip, Turkey Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms, Buffalo Cauliflower Wings, Spinach Artichoke Wonton Bites, Pepperoni Pizza Dip, Strawberry Balsamic Bruschetta, Buffalo Chicken Dip, Cranberry Brie Bites, Caprese Wonton Bites, Bacon-Wrapped Watcher Chestnuts, and many more in the Appetizers section of my recipe index!
Goat Cheese Mushroom Tartlets
- 1 (15 count) package mini phyllo shells, (such as Athens brand, found in the freezer section)
- 1 oz finely crumbled goat cheese, divided (I use a fork to break up any big chunks into smaller crumbles)
- 1 tablespoon light butter, (I use Land O’Lakes light butter spread with canola oil)
- 8 oz sliced white mushrooms, diced into small pieces
- salt and black pepper, to taste (I’m fairly generous with the salt)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place the phyllo shells onto the foil. Sprinkle about half of the goat cheese crumbles into the bottoms of the phyllo cups. Set the remaining cheese aside.
- Place the butter in a large skillet or sauté pan and bring over med-high heat until melted. Add the mushrooms, salt, and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes until softened. Add the garlic, parsley, and thyme and stir to combine. Cook for another minute until the garlic is fragrant and the parsley is wilted, then remove from heat.
- Evenly distribute the mushroom filling amongst the prepared phyllo cups, then sprinkle with the remaining goat cheese crumbles. Place the sheet pan in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes.
1 per tartlet (PP calculated using a Weight Watchers PointsPlus calculator and the nutrition info below) Nutrition Information per tartlet:
24 calories, 3 g carbs, 0 g sugars, 1 g fat, 0 g saturated fat, 1 g protein, 0 g fiber, 19 mg sodium (from myfitnesspal.com)
This cake is so delicious. I really want to try it now.
These are amazing! I’ve already cooked them twice!