Crepes with Yogurt and Berries
These Crepes with Yogurt and Berries are a perfect breakfast or brunch for when you’re feeling fancy but want to make something easy. These are great for a family meal, but you can also make the crepes for yourself and fill them as needed throughout the week. The crepes themselves taste really good (my daughter happily munched on them plain), but adding creamy yogurt sweetened with honey and a handful of fresh and juicy berries really makes these crepes special. You can also easily switch up the fruit and use peaches, warm apples, bananas, or whatever else you have handy. These crepes are super versatile! As written, these Crepes with Yogurt and Berries are a healthy breakfast bargain at just 167 calories or 4 Green, 3 Blue or 3 Purple myWW SmartPoints for a 2 crepe serving.
Looking for more tasty lightened up breakfast recipes? Check out my Banana Blueberry Muffins, Sausage and Pepper Egg Bake, Strawberry Almond Cream Pancakes, Ultimate Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole, Apple Cinnamon Pancakes, Triple Berry Yogurt Bowl, Banana Bread, Sausage Apple Cheddar Frittata, Berry French Toast Muffins, Ham and Cheese Egg Cups, Orange Cranberry Baked Oatmeal Singles, Pear Gingerbread Baked Oatmeal Singles, Apple Streusel French Toast Muffins, Ham and Cheese Hash Brown Quiche, Pumpkin Chocolate Baked Oatmeal Singles, and many more in the Breakfast section of my recipe index!
Crepes with Yogurt and Berries
- 1 large egg
- ¾ cup skim milk
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh berries, I used strawberries and blueberries, but you can use any variety you like
- Whisk together the egg, milk, flour, oil and salt in a mixing bowl until fully combined.
- Lightly mist an 8-inch skillet with cooking spray and bring it over medium heat. Pour 1/8 cup (2 tablespoons) of the batter into the skillet and lift and tilt the skillet to allow the batter to coat the bottom in a thin layer. Cook for about a minute until the underside is golden. Flip the crepe and cook for another 15-30 seconds and then transfer to a wire rack. Repeat with the remaining batter to make 8 crepes.
- Combine the yogurt, honey, and vanilla in a bowl and stir until well mixed. Spread a tablespoon of yogurt mixture across half of the surface of each crepe (you’ll leave the other half care to fold over the top once filled). Top the yogurt with ¼ cup of berries and fold the bare side over top of the filling. Repeat with the remaining crepes you plain to serve/consume (do not fill any crepes you’ll be storing as leftovers, just store the crepes, yogurt filling and berries separately in the fridge and assemble as needed). Each serving is two filled crepes.
Green: 4 SmartPoints/ Blue: 3 SmartPoints/ Purple: 3 SmartPoints Weight Watchers Points Plus:
4 per (2 filled crepes) serving (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com) Nutrition Information per (2 filled crepes) serving:
167 calories, 24 g carbs, 10 g sugars, 5 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 7 g protein, 2 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com) lightly adapted from Better Homes and Gardens