Chocolate Raspberry Muffins
These easy Chocolate Raspberry Muffins use ingredients you probably have on hand and make a great sweet breakfast or snack! Who doesn’t love to start the day with a little chocolate? This recipe is incredibly simple to toss together, perfect for making yourself or with young kiddos who want to help. My Chocolate Raspberry Muffins use significantly less sugar than you’ll find in a lot of muffin recipes, but I really don’t think you’ll miss it! These are still perfectly sweet, and I love the juicy fresh raspberries throughout. I’ve made a few similar muffin recipes using different flavors (Banana Blueberry, Apple Cinnamon, Carrot Muffins), but I definitely felt like we were due for a chocolate one! One of these muffins is great for breakfast with a side of eggs or fruit, but I definitely also ate them for dessert. Better still, each of these Chocolate Raspberry Muffins is just 113 calories or 4 Weight Watchers/WW SmartPoints on Green, Blue or Purple. To view your WW PersonalPoints for this recipe and track it in the WW app or site, click here!
Looking for more tasty lightened up breakfast recipes? Check out my Sheet Pan Blueberry Pancakes, French Toast Sticks, Banana Blueberry Muffins, Sausage and Pepper Egg Bake, Apple Cinnamon Muffins, Strawberry Almond Cream Pancakes, Ultimate Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole, Carrot Muffins, Triple Berry Yogurt Bowl, Berry French Toast Muffins, Ham and Cheese Egg Cups, Blueberry Baked Oatmeal Singles, Ham and Cheese Hash Brown Quiche, Banana Chocolate Baked Oatmeal Singles, and many more in the Breakfast section of my recipe index!
Chocolate Raspberry Muffins
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons light butter, melted (I use Land O’Lakes light butter)
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees. Lightly mist a 12 count standard-sized muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the egg, applesauce, sugar, and vanilla and stir together until well combined. Add the melted butter and stir until well combined. Add the raspberries and stir to combine.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt and stir until combined. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir together until combined into a batter.
- Spoon the batter evenly amongst the wells in the prepared muffin tin. Bake for 18-20 minutes.
113 calories, 20 g carbs, 7 g sugars, 3 g fat, 2 g saturated fat, 2 g protein, 2 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com) MYWW SMARTPOINTS PER (1 MUFFIN) SERVING: (SP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com) Green: 4 SmartPoints/ Blue: 4 SmartPoints/ Purple: 4 SmartPoints Weight Watchers Points Plus:
3 per (1 muffin) serving (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)