Overnight Breakfast Casserole
This easy Overnight Breakfast Casserole is perfect for weekends or for holidays like Christmas morning. All the prep is done the night before so that when morning comes you just stick it in the oven to bake! This light and fluffy casserole includes all your favorite savory breakfast flavors, eggs, bread, cheese, and bacon, for a simple and delicious morning meal. Just add some fruit on the side for a perfect breakfast. One satisfying serving of this Overnight Breakfast Casserole is just 201 calories or 6 Green, 4 Blue or 4 Purple WW SmartPoints! To view your WW PersonalPoints for this recipe and track it in the WW app or site, click here!
Not only is my Overnight Breakfast Casserole easy and tasty, it’s also very versatile! You can change it up by using ham or sausage instead of bacon. You could also use Pepper Jack or another favorite cheese instead of Cheddar. You could stir some veggies into the eggs, like spinach or a small can of green chilies. There are so many possibilities! Obviously if you change the meat or cheese, the nutrition information and WW points may change as well. Make it my way or make it your own!
Looking for more tasty lightened up breakfast recipes? Check out my Sheet Pan Blueberry Pancakes, French Toast Sticks, Carrot Muffins, Sausage and Pepper Egg Bake, Ultimate Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole, Apple Cinnamon Pancakes, Triple Berry Yogurt Bowl, Banana Bread, Sausage Apple Cheddar Frittata, Berry French Toast Muffins, Ham and Cheese Egg Cups, Orange Cranberry Baked Oatmeal Singles, Pear Gingerbread Baked Oatmeal Singles, Apple Streusel French Toast Muffins, Ham and Cheese Hash Brown Quiche, Banana Chocolate Baked Oatmeal Singles, and many more in the Breakfast section of my recipe index!
Overnight Breakfast Casserole
- 6 slices center cut bacon
- 9 slices light bread, cubed (I used Pepperidge Farm light style oatmeal bread)
- 3 ounces 50% reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (I use Cabot cheese)
- 8 large eggs
- 3 1/2 cups skim milk
- 1 1/4 teaspoons dry mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Cook the bacon according to package directions. Allow to drain on paper towels and then chop or crumble into smaller pieces.
- Mist a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray. Spread the bread cubes across the surface of the dish and sprinkle the shredded cheese evenly across the bread cubes. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, mustard powder, salt and pepper until combined and smooth. Pour the egg mixture over the bread and cheese. Sprinkle with the crumbled bacon. Cover with plastic cling wrap or aluminum foil and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, remove the casserole from the refrigerator 30 minutes before you plan to bake. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Uncover the casserole and bake for 50-60 minutes or until the casserole seems mostly set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting to serve. Cut into 8 pieces.
201 calories, 17 g carbs, 7 g sugars, 8 g fat, 3 g saturated fat, 17 g protein, 1 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com) MYWW SMARTPOINTS PER (1 slice) SERVING: (SP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com) Green: 6 SmartPoints/ Blue: 4 SmartPoints/ Purple: 4 SmartPoints Weight Watchers Points Plus:
5 per (1 slice) serving (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com) Adapted from Taste of Home