Cheesy Broccoli Stuffed Chicken
This Cheesy Broccoli Stuffed Chicken is an easy, tasty, satisfying low carb dinner recipe that the whole family will love. Don’t be intimidated by stuffing the chicken breasts, it only takes a few minutes and a few ingredients. You’ll just slice the breasts in half to create a top and bottom, open them up, and place the filling inside. Sear them, bake them and you’re done! The chicken comes out juicy and perfectly cooked and each stuffed breast makes for a filling, satisfying serving. Better still, each piece of Cheesy Broccoli Stuffed Chicken is just 306 calories or 4 WW Points! To view your current WW Points for this recipe and track it in the WW app or site, click here!
One of the nice things about this Cheesy Broccoli Stuffed Chicken is that it’s really easy to make more or less depending on your needs. Just feeding yourself? Halve the recipe! Want to make 6 or 8 pieces for a larger family? No problem. You may want to make a few extra pieces though. I love having these as leftovers for lunch or dinner the next day!
Looking for more lightened up ways to make your chicken breasts taste delicious? Try my Cream Cheese Stuffed Everything Chicken, Nashville Hot Chicken Bites, Crispy Onion Dip Chicken, Pimento Cheese Stuffed Chicken, Strawberry Balsamic Grilled Chicken, Apple and Brie Stuffed Chicken, Blackened Chicken Bites, Ricotta Stuffed Chicken Bake, Mediterranean Topped Grilled Chicken, Cream Cheese and Herb Stuffed Chicken, Cheesy Bacon BBQ Chicken, Tuscan Olive Chicken, Baked Chicken Tenders, Bruschetta Topped Balsamic Chicken, Lemon Pepper Iced Tea Chicken, Cheesy Chicken and Stuffing, Thai Chicken Skewers, Chicken Piccata and many, many more in the Chicken section of my recipe index!
Cheesy Broccoli Stuffed Chicken
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 (6 oz each) uncooked boneless skinless chicken breasts, (24 oz total)
- 1 ½ cups small chopped broccoli florets
- 2 oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 2 oz 50% reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (I use Cabot)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small dish, combine the salt, paprika, pepper, and garlic powder and stir together until mixed.
- Place the chicken breasts on a cutting board. Using a sharp knife, slice the breasts from the side (creating a top and bottom) almost all the way through. Sprinkle the outside of each breast on both sides with the spice mixture from step two.
- Place the broccoli florets in a microwave-safe bowl and cover the bowl with a damp paper towel. Microwave for 2 minutes on high. Remove from the microwave and stir in the softened cream cheese, shredded cheddar, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper until well combined.
- Open each breast at the slit. Divide the broccoli/cheese mixture evenly amongst the four breasts and spread across the surface of one side (leaving the other half empty to fold over the filling). When all four breasts are topped on one side, fold the empty half over the filling to make a stuffed breast.
- In a large skillet, add the oil and bring over medium-high heat. Working in batches of two at a time so as not to crowd the pan, add the stuffed chicken breasts to the pan and cook for about 1-2 minute(s) until the bottoms are seared golden. Flip the breasts and cook for another minute on the other side to do the same. Transfer the breasts to the prepared baking sheet.
- Place in the pre-heated oven. Bake for 20-25 minutes until chicken is fully cooked through.
8 per serving (PP calculated using a Weight Watchers PointsPlus calculator and the nutrition info below inspired by Healthy Fitness Meals
I actually made this, but I also wrapped mine in bacon. It was AMAZINGLY DELICIOUS!!!!!!!
YIKES!, I already planned on making chicken breasts for tonight’s dinner, & thawed ’em out in the fridge since yesterday. They’re boneless & skinless, but I’ll need to pound them out – in order to achieve an even thickness. After stuffing them, I will tie some kitchen string around them in 2 or 3 places, so they’ll stay together when they’re flipped. I love that you used Nufrachel Cheese, & also Cabot’s (my favorite). This surely sounds like a 5* main to me! Thanks Emily, your recipes are always delicious.
Looks really tasty. Thanks!!
Yum! you’re brilliant!
Wonder if this would work with spinach. My husband won’t touch broccoli, but the recipe looks delicious.
I’m trying this tonight. I’m m not a broccoli fan unless it has cheese and it’s something the whole fam will eat including my teen boy Thx!
Can I do this in the air fryer?
This was SOO good!! I made it exactly as it is written and it was absolutely perfect. I love all your recipes but this is definitely going to be a new favorite!
I’m eyeing up that rice
It’s definitely one of the Uncle Ben’s Ready Rice packets. I think it’s called long grain and wild rice?
This was fantastic! All four of us (even my picky eater son) loved it! Definitely going into our regular rotation. Thank you!
Fixed this for Sunday lunch and it was a hit! Looks complicated but is not. Would be nice to serve as a “fancy” meal
Can you skip the skillet cooking and just put directly in oven?
This recipe was amazing! My husband and I made it for dinner and we both thought it was filling (we added a serving of rice on the side), and it was the perfect amount for dinner!
My husband loved it as well.
This recipe is delicious! My family loved it and I will definitely add this to my meal rotation!! It’s actually nice enough to serve when we have company too. I am starting WW for the umpteenth time and I am so thankful for your website which makes meal planning and preparing delicious healthy recipes so easy. Thank you!!