Morning Glory Muffins
These easy Morning Glory Muffins are chock full of tasty ingredients like pineapple, coconut, carrots, cinnamon and raisins! It may sound like there’s a lot going on, but trust me, it all goes together deliciously. While these muffins are fantastic any time of year, they have a warm, cozy flavor that I think is perfect heading into fall. Plus, they smell CINNAMAZING while baking. Moist, fluffy, and just sweet enough, these are a great way to start your day. After my three-year-old tried one bite she immediately asked if we could make them again! These lightened up Morning Glory Muffins are full of flavor, but just 138 calories or 4 SmartPoints on the Green, Blue and Purple WW (Weight Watchers) plans. To view your WW PersonalPoints for this recipe and track it in the WW app or site, click here!
If you’ve never tried Morning Glory Muffins, there are a lot of variations out there. I’ve seen people add chopped apples, pecans, or walnuts. I’ve seen recipes replace all or some of the shredded carrots with shredded zucchini, or the raisins with dried cranberries. Whole wheat or white whole wheat flour also work in place of all-purpose flour. There are lots of ways to change it up depending on your preferences or what you have on hand! I highly recommend making these the way I have listed though, I think they’re just right!
I love how easily these Morning Glory Muffins come together, and they’re great to bake once and eat all week. I’ve also frozen them very successfully by just wrapping each one in plastic wrap once they’re completely cool and putting them in a Ziploc freezer bag. You can either defrost them to room temp or heat them up in the microwave before eating. I love having a freezer full of muffin options at my disposal at breakfast time!
Looking for more tasty lightened up breakfast recipes? Check out my Bacon Broccoli Quiche, Carrot Muffins, Sheet Pan Blueberry Pancakes, Strawberry Rhubarb Muffins, French Toast Sticks, Breakfast Wonton Cups, Banana Blueberry Muffins, Sausage and Pepper Egg Bake, Apple Cinnamon Muffins, Ultimate Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole, Triple Berry Yogurt Bowl, Sausage Apple Cheddar Frittata, Ham and Cheese Egg Cups, Orange Cranberry Baked Oatmeal Singles, Ham and Cheese Hash Brown Quiche, Pumpkin Chocolate Baked Oatmeal Singles, and many more in the Breakfast section of my recipe index!
Morning Glory Muffins
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons light butter, melted (I use Land O’Lakes light butter spread with canola oil in the tub)
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- ½ cup drained crushed pineapple, (canned in juice, but drained before measuring and using)
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ cup raisins
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly mist a 12-count standard-sized muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the eggs, applesauce, and sugar and stir together until well combined. Add the melted butter and stir until well combined.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt and whisk until combined. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir together until combined into a batter. Add the carrots, pineapple, coconut, and raisins and stir to combine.
- Spoon the batter evenly amongst the wells in the prepared muffin tin. Bake for 20-24 minutes. An inserted toothpick should come out clean when done.
4 per (1 muffin) serving (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)