Sticky Honey Coriander Chicken Bites
I’m so excited to share these quick and easy Sticky Honey Coriander Chicken Bites with you! In my opinion, the flavors are restaurant-quality and the dish comes together super quickly so it’s easy to make for a weeknight meal. My family went on a fun trip to Walt Disney World recently, and this recipe is based off the Honey Coriander Chicken Wings we ate at ‘Ohana at the Polynesian Resort. I was excited to eat dinner there because I’d heard great things, and I absolutely fell in love with the chicken wings. I dreamed of creating a lighter version using bites of boneless skinless chicken breast instead of wings, so I was thrilled to discover that the wing recipe is part of (affiliate link) The Official Disney Parks Cookbook!
I modified the cookbook recipe and reduced the amount of rub and sauce to work better for chicken bites and I was so happy when I tried it! It gave me tons of similar sweet and spicy flavor to the original with plenty of thick, sticky sauce to coat each bite. Better still, each serving is just 201 calories or 3 WW Points on the current Weight Watchers program! To view your current WW Points for this recipe and track it in the WW app or site, click here!
How to Serve Honey Coriander Chicken Bites
At ‘Ohana the wings are served as part of a multi-course family-style feast, but for a weeknight dinner at home I’d suggest serving them with rice, noodles, or stir-fried vegetables such as broccoli, green beans, snow peas and/or carrots. My recipe for Vegetable Fried Rice would pair especially well! I also think you could serve these over a salad with an Asian-inspired vinaigrette of your choosing.
I’ve made a lot of flavors of chicken bites, but these Honey Coriander ones give a little something extra with the sweet and spicy sticky sauce! We make chicken bites all the time in our house! If you want to check out my other chicken bites flavors, I’ve made them Blackened, Nashville Hot, Greek, Barbecue Rubbed, Chili Lime, Lemon Pepper, and Everything seasoned. You’ll probably want to try them all!
Cutting up the chicken
I often buy a big pack of boneless, skinless chicken breasts at the store and then use kitchen shears to trim them down to make 5-6 oz cutlets to use in recipes. Everything I cut off to make the cutlets gets cut into chunks to make chicken bites! It’s easy to weigh out 1 lb or 1.5 lb of chicken chunks and freeze them for later in a quart size freezer bag. That way, I always have some on hand! Buying the bulk packs of chicken breasts is cost-effective, and cutting them into cutlets and bites ensured I have what I need on hand when I go to make a recipe. I find that kitchen shears make this task go quicker and easier than using a knife, so I highly recommend using shears.
More tasty chicken recipes
Looking for more tasty, lightened up, chicken recipes? Check out my Blackened Chicken Bites, Nashville Hot Chicken Bites, Lemon Pepper Chicken Bites, Greek Chicken Bites, Barbecue Chicken Bites, Apple and Brie Stuffed Chicken, Slow Cooker Chicken and Stuffing, Strawberry Balsamic Grilled Chicken, Ricotta Stuffed Chicken Bake, Lemon Garlic Chicken and Beans Skillet, Cream Cheese and Herb Stuffed Chicken, Tuscan Olive Chicken, Crispy Cheddar Chicken with Cream Sauce, Pimento Cheese Stuffed Chicken, Cream Cheese Stuffed Everything Chicken, and so many more in the Chicken category of my recipe index!
Sticky Honey Coriander Chicken Bites
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 ½ lbs raw boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into small bite-sized pieces
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ⅛ teaspoon ground ginger
- In a small dish, stir together the paprika, sugar, salt, black pepper, turmeric, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper. Place the cut up chicken pieces (patted dry with a pepper towel if wet from packaging) into a mixing bowl. Add the spice mix to the chicken pieces. Stir the contents of the bowl until the chicken pieces are coated with the spices.
- Add the oil to a large sauté pan/walled skillet and bring over med-high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the chicken pieces (you don’t want to overcrowd the pan, so depending on the size of your skillet you may want to work in two batches instead of one) and stir to break them up and coat them in the oil. Cook the chicken for 5-7 minutes*, stirring every couple minutes (you don’t want to stir super frequently because the chicken needs time to brown on each side).
- *While the chicken is cooking, stir together the honey, water, soy sauce, lime juice, cornstarch, chili powder, coriander, and ginger in a small dish.
- When the chicken bites are cooked through, add the honey sauce to the pan and stir to coat the chicken bites. Cook for an additional 2 minutes, stirring a few times, until the sauce is thick and coating the chicken bites. Remove from heat and serve.
201 calories, 9 g carbs, 7 g sugars, 7 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 26 g protein, 1 g fiber, 158 mg sodium (from myfitnesspal.com) Weight Watchers Points Plus:
5 per (3.5 ounce) serving (PP calculated using a Weight Watchers PointsPlus calculator and the nutrition info below) Recipe adapted from The Official Disney Parks Cookbook